Thursday, May 27, 2010

Holy Hollyhocks!

After spending the work week in Memphis, I came home to discover that the hollyhocks that had just begun to bloom the previous weekend had not only broke out into screaming color, they had also grown several feet.

When we bought the house, they were out in the middle of the yard mingled in with who knows what else, so during the yard clean up, I moved them to a bed under a tree.

They didn't do so well there so I moved them out to the sunny south side of the house last fall.  They love their new location and are anxious to prove it.


....and the bees love them!










When they were out in the middle of the lawn, they grew to be 3 or 4 feet tall.  This year they're between 6 and 7 feet.  I had no idea they got this tall!


Say HI to Constance


Say HI to Red and Tula on the deck



Aren't they pretty?


They fairly glow with vibrant color!



Since most of my time is now spent in Memphis, I'll have to show you the sights around the workplace.  I think it just might have made Olmsted proud.  It's just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment