Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spring Break in January?

The temperatures this week have been wonderful and now that the windows and doors have been prepped for the next cold stretch-which starts tomorrow I believe-it was time to get out of the house and play and this weekend I did just that.

I'd been thinking that I really need to get those bulbs that I dug up last summer back into the ground before they ruin and there was this little irritating area next to the wall of the parking lot that I thought I might turn into a partial shade bed.  Of course this all began simply by wanting to get some of the daffodils back into the ground.  Of course once that was done I got to pondering what else could be planted-irises near the wall where the digging is shallow, some lavender plants that I have no idea what they are but there are only a few-surely I could poke them in there some where...etc.

The next thing you know, I had 2 boxes of bulbs replanted around the back yard and a new bricked off bed near the gate.  One thing leads to another.  Here's the new little bed.


I did a little mock-up so that I'd know what I planted where.



Hopefully, it will look something like this as it blooms-not all at the same time of course.


Can't wait to see stuff blooming there!

2 comments:

  1. It will be fun to compare what really comes up to what you've drawn up! I had to laugh—your drawing looks like what I do with my flower beds. I always have to draw out how I think things will look together for color, height, bloom time, etc. Nice when you can get a warm spell in the middle of winter, even if it's just for a short time, isn't it?

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to my website.

    John
    by hammer and hand
    www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

    ReplyDelete