Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christie's Seat-Of-The-Pants Delights

Lemon Pecan Pancakes




  1. Mix up some pancake batter using the directions on the box
  2. Toss in a handful of roasted pecan pieces that happen to be in a bag on the table waiting to be measured, bagged and put in the freezer.
  3. Splash in some ReaLemon lemon juice until it tastes like you think it should.
  4. Remix batter
  5. Melt a sliver of real butter in the skillet 
  6. Pour in the batter, flip when ready
  7. Remove from skillet
  8. Melt a little real butter on top
  9. Add maple syrup
  10. Crown with a plop of whipped cream 
It's pretty good!  Donnie says "Move over Cracker Barrel! He's staying at home for breakfast!"


Note: I made one with oil instead of the butter in the skillet to see if it made a difference.  I didn't tell Donnie it was different than the other two because I doubted there'd be a noticeable difference since it's just a small bit of butter.  I was surprised when he mentioned that it didn't taste lemony and asked why.  That little bit of butter enhances the flavor of the lemon.  Who knew?

By the way, this is NOT diet food! :)

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I wish I had been a guest for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another way to use pecans! I'll have to try these out on my husband. He LOVES pancakes, and I never make them at home!

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete