Friday, July 24, 2009

The "Project" continued....

I forgot to take pictures today until I was done removing most of the thing. Donnie was nice and helped me haul the junk pile out to the street last night so the pile on the right is new junk. At any rate, most of the building is gone and now all that's left is a lean-to and it is indeed leaning too! Maybe its creator failed elementary math or maybe they just gauged it "by-eye" which is what I kind of suspect. There were many a drinks consumed in these buildings and I suspect this might have been a "great idea" one weekend. Needless to say, I am amazed.


I will say our neighbor behind us isn't happy with this building going missing. They keep a tidy place and if it were on their property, I'm sure it would have been gone long ago. She asked me if I could put the roof that I took off yesterday back on. Uh, NO! I think at the bottom of her displeasure is that the roof of this building provides several more feet of privacy above the top of the fence, so you can't see into their back yard from the first floor of our house with the building between us. Of course I realized it was going to remove some of their privacy years ago when I plotted to remove the thing at the first opportunity. It's a retired couple so they aren't having wild parties over there or anything, but they've gotten used to that extra bit of privacy. Can't blame them, but I guess they'll adjust.

So that's the report for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment