Friday, July 31, 2009

Hallway?

I got my boards sanded and primered then Donnie came home from work. Since the work we do usually conflicts with each other, I can't move on to the painting since he will be sanding. We use oil on everything outside and with the lengthy dry-time, the fresh paint will be full of sanding dust, so now it's his shift to work on the porch. That's ok though cause I can always find other things to do which at the moment is goof off for a minute or two.

So, here's the hallway. I had a medium green paper that I wanted to use in the hall of my old house before I moved and am considering using it in the hall here. The hall project is a long way off so as a temporary measure, I painted the current wallpaper in an approximate color that would emulate the overall color of the future wallpaper. I wasn't sure Donnie would be comfortable with it so dark, so I figured now would be a better time to find out than at the end of the project! Besides, the whole hall was white walls and white walls are like camera flash-they don't enhance character. I think the green is beautiful, so here it is:

From the Second Parlor

From the Back Hall

From the Foyer

From the Second Parlor

From the Foyer

It was a dark and stormy night....
...and Donnie swears the guy on the landing was watching him. :)

Up the stairs from the first floor

From the upstairs landing

From the upstairs front bedroom to the back hall

From the upstairs back hall to the front of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment